Re: MGBs are Tough!

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGBs are Tough!
From: "Eric L. Van Iderstine" <elv1@ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 08:09:01 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 20 Jun 1995, Rick Guynn wrote:

> The Question:
> After I strip the car for all useful parts (some of which may appear for
> sale later), what is the
> easiest way to get rid of the julk that remains? BTW just about every inch
> of sheetmetal is
> trashed, but it appears that the interior, gauges and all mechanical parts
> (including the wheels)
> are intact.  So I'll be taking all the mechanical parts off and getting rid
> of just about evrything
> else.  Will junkyards take that kind of thing?  Is there a scrap-metal
> reclamation center for these
> kinds of things?

Yes, junkyards will take junked cars, I was in Dallas last weekend and
got some parts from several old wrecked cars.  Of course the reason they
take the wrecked cars is to make money from the old parts.  Steel scrap
yards will take anything.  There is one in Hattiesburg, MS that you can
drive up with piles of trash metals (sinks, dryers, exhausts, I drove a
69 LTD to its grave) and they pay you by the pound.

Eric

Eric L. Van Iderstine - ME - Mississippi State University
elv1@Ra.MsStste.Edu     http://www2.msstate.edu/~elv1/index.html
74 MGB & 85 Buick (until I finish the MG)

"An object at rest cannot be stopped." The evil midnight bomber
what bombs at midnight    FROM "THE TICK"