Re: 1967 MGB mystery

To: rlancaster@ntia.doc.gov
Subject: Re: 1967 MGB mystery
From: DamitDick@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 20:06:10 -0400
Randy, David & Todd...

This one had me scratching my head some. Definitly not shown in Moss catalog.
Finally went out and checked my '70 B-GT and '80 Roadster.  GT has two
fittings like you describe while the roadster has none that I can detect but
it is possible that I carpeted over them.

When I am in doubt I haul out the MGB Parts Catalog from the now defunct MG
Parts Center Ltd. This is the definitive publication on how your MGB fits
together. This catalog lists either one or two fittings depending on the S/N
of your car.

Under Pump Fittings, Chrome Bumper ('62-'74) a 'T' piece and a 24" 3/8" O/D
Cap breather hose is shown for GHN/D4 140611 on. Under All Models From GHN/D3
115926 ('67-On) a 'T' piece and a 28" 3/16 Dia. O/D Body Breather Hose is
also shown. Under Pump Fittings Rubber Bumper no shuch pieces are shown so my
'80 does not have them. As the catalog indicates the larger Dia. hose
attaches to the pump cap and the smaller Dia. hose attaches to the pump body.

I surmise the reason for running these vent hoses into the trunk is to
prevent dirt and/or excess moisture from entering and damaging the pump.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

Dick :>)
Have MG will travel