Re: 77B Won't Start -Reply

To: davids@cybergate.com, JBMYERS@msuvx2.memphis.edu
Subject: Re: 77B Won't Start -Reply
From: RLANCASTER@ntia.doc.gov
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 1995 15:36:34 -0400
This is a good story (actually 2) of why you should always, always
stay with the car for inspection, emergency work, etc...anything but
your usual and reliable lbc mechanic!

I had my 77B in for smog one time, and it was taking forever, so I
looked  over the shoulder of the kid doing the check; he had the
timing/dwell  lead connected to the GROUND lug inside the
distributor, had broken the  wire going to the points, and had been
messing with it for about 45  minutes like this. I called the ownwer
snip