Re: Need help in tire selection for 1974 MGB

To: Slclemo@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need help in tire selection for 1974 MGB
From: MGBay@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 08:44:34 -0400
Go with either 175/70-14 or l85/70-14.  I have run the l85/70-14 from
different companies and found that the car rode smoother and handled better.
 Of course I needed tires to begin with so the new tires of any kind would
have been improvement.  Check with Sam's Wholesale Club.  There you should
find a choice between Michelin, Pirelli and General.  I'd stay away from the
Generals.  My experience is that they generally use a harder rubber compound
to give longer tread life, but thus have a harsher ride.  Check with a Cooper
tire dealer.  I have had great success with a tire made by Cooper under the
"Falls" label called "Falls Metric".  They were inexpensive by comparison,
had an aggressive tread design, came is blackwall only and performed great.

Good luck.  Regarding the above, I have no fiduciary or otherwise interest in
these brands or companies, but they have each gotten a lot of my money.

Safety Fast!

Randy "I don't know much, but what I know I know" Balogh