Re: Need help in tire selection for 1974 MGB

To: Slclemo@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need help in tire selection for 1974 MGB
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 1995 01:52:38 -0400
every tire is sized a little different by its' maker, like shirts and
sweaters and shoes are. Having said that, most 185-70s will fit OK on a B,
certainly on steel wheels. If you have wires, make sure it isn't so fat on
the wheel that it has a big bulge in the sidewall, this will adversely affect
performance and is un-good reliability wise. I have a set of performance
Toyo's on my B right now, 185-70s, and they are fine, they have traction and
heat ratings of A and A, which is as good as they rate, and a treadwear
rating of about 500, which on my B means they will rot off before they wear
out!
Good Luck