Spridget Trailer

To: James Fischer <jfischer@supercollider.com>
Subject: Spridget Trailer
From: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 10:21:36 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 6 Dec 1995, James Fischer wrote:
>         4)  Add the chrome and other bits back on to create a
>             "PushMePullYou" sort of beastie, which will end up
>             looking like the rear end of your car from BOTH ends,
>             sitting on a single axle and two wheels.

Beautiful Idea!

>         5)  Rig up a trailer hitch, inluding wiring the brake lights,

Yes!
We're finally on to a topic that I did not dare address myself before.
Has anybody ever seen a trailer hitch setup for a Spridget? Chrome bumper
only please! It would probably be easy on a rubber one.

>         6)  Make up a hydraulic "quick disconnect" line to connect the
>             trailer's brake line to the car.  Some sort of shut-off will
>             be required on each end, and a bleed valve between the
>             two shut-off valves.

I don't really think this is necessary. Utility trailers like that
usually don't have brakes. They are lucky if they have some sort of
suspension.

I think this is a great idea. I once saw a british lady with a Fiat X1/9,
pulling a trailer made from the rear of another X 1/9, cut right behind
the door, so the targa roll-bar was still there. Very cool!

Ulix "I want a tiny little '60s camper behind my Sprite" Goettsch

                      sprite                 caddy