Re: Spridget Trailer

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spridget Trailer
From: Silikal@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 20:55:06 -0500
>>I don't really think this is necessary. Utility trailers like that
>>usually don't have brakes. They are lucky if they have some sort of
>>suspension.
>
>    I live in the Blue Ridge Mountains.  I want and NEED as much in
>    the way of brakes as possible.

Small trailers that do have brakes usually use some sort of electrically
operated drum brakes.  A strong solenoid to replace the wheel cylinder
should do the trick, but it may take some research to find a proper fit.
Alternatively, you may try fitting a standard trailer axle which already
has proper electric brakes to the custom trailer.

Dave Williamson (silikal@aol.com)