Re: Packing for extended touring - Midgets

To: "A.D.Smith" <A.D.Smith@boris.umds.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Packing for extended touring - Midgets
From: Don Mathis <tdm@smtp-gw.ak.att.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 1995 10:25:36 -0500
>To rephrase : does anyone know anything more about this device.
>
>Andy

>Andy Castellano Smith.          | email: a.d.smith@umds.ac.uk
>Image Processing Group.         | http://www-ipg.umds.ac.uk/~as/
>Cunliffe Labs, New Guy's House. | tel. : 0171 955 4208
>Guy's Hospital, London SE1 9RT. | fax. : 0171 955 4913
>
>       1977 Chrome Bumper Midget "Mungo" for short.
>DPO of 1975 Rubber Bumper Midget "Mary"  for short.

        Andy,
        Try to find a book of 50's-60's American cars.  Continental kits
appeared on some 49 Fords, 54 Chevs, 48-? Cadillacs, Golden Hawk
Studebakers, .....

 You know how a 1931 Phantom II Rolls Royce has the spare wheel directly on
the back of the car in a vertical position ?.......Well, cut about a 2.5
foot section of your rear bumper out and throw it away.  Now get about a 1.5
foot long, 2 inch diameter bolt, drill a 2 inch hole in your trunk lid,
kinda beat on the bolt a few times so that it will be horizontal with the
ground and bolt that spare right on the back of your car with the bolt.  Now
you have a continental kit...... kinda. Let me know if I can help anymore.

Don Mathis
AT&T - Bell Laboratories
Norcross, Georgia
'61 MGA     '37 Bentley