Re: Packing for extended touring - Midgets

To: "A.D.Smith" <A.D.Smith@boris.umds.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Packing for extended touring - Midgets
From: Dirk de Boer <deboer@duke.usask.ca>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 09:56:57 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 5 Dec 1995, A.D.Smith wrote:

> Usually we chuck the spare wheel on the luggage rack to free up boot space.
>Has
> anyone any neater / more secure method of attatching the spare to the outside
>of
> the car somehow - I know I've asked this before.

One thing that will help is to use one of those anti theft special
nuts for which you need a special key to get it of. People use those
to protect their fancy mag wheels from theft. Of course, this only
helps on disk wheels. On wire wheels, you could try to make a set-up
that uses a knock-off spinner to fasten the wheel. If you do this,
be tricky; use a spinner that comes off when you turn it clockwise
and remove the markings.

Dirk