Light blue, Primrose Yellow...

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Light blue, Primrose Yellow...
From: Michael Chaffee <mchaffee@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 17:24:05 -0600
Just my $0.02 worth:  There are a very few cars that look good in light
blue, and many that do not.  When I was little, my father bought a
Mercedes 300SEL 6.3 which, for those of you who do not know, is a very
large, very stately, and in 6.3 trim very fast luxury sedan from I think
the 60s or early 70s.  Anyway, seems the guy who had it was the original
owner, and his wife would only let him get the hotrod 6.3 model if she
could choose the color.  She chose powder blue.  It looked ridiculous.
Dad resprayed the thing less than a week after he bought it.

But that's neither here nor there; I think that the right shade of powder
blue looks great on an MGA, or a TR3, or a Bugeye.  So there's one more
"yea" vote from a male.

For an early B, though, and I'm interested to see who agrees with this, I
think the very best color I have seen is Primrose Yellow (is that right?
You know, the absolutely magnificent pale yellow that found its way onto
a few E-Types as well).  Do other people tend to like or dislike this color?

Michael Chaffee
mchaffee@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu