Re: Light blue, Primrose Yellow...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Light blue, Primrose Yellow...
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 22 Jan 1996 08:54:16 -0600
In <9601200014.AA17450@kegs.saic.com>, Denise Thorpe wrote:
>Michael Chaffee opined:
>
>> For an early B, though, and I'm interested to see who agrees with this, I
>> think the very best color I have seen is Primrose Yellow (is that right?

>GAK!  I've always referred to that color as "piss yellow" (gee, I hope no one
>is offended).  But I've known lots of males who liked it.  It must be a gender
>thing.  I figure if a car's going to be yellow, it should be YELLOW instead of
>looking like it's faded right out of the can.

Having oogled Schnittke's Primrose, I tend to agree that it is most
attractive and I am rather jealous.  Maybe it is a male thing (can you
_really_ enjoy the Three Stooges, Denise?)

>But the WORST MG color is Sandstone.  Back when these cars were still being
>made, everyone in the biz referred to this color as "babyshit brown."  (I
>smell something burning, can it be me?)

Oh, wrong, wrong, wrong, the WORST MG color is "Limeflower", which is
genuinely diarrheaic.  This was shot for only two years or so (72-73),
and can be seen in the Bond film "You Only Live Twice" as driven by
the comely spy in Hong Kong.  My '73 had the tremendous bad fortune to
be shot Limeflower originally, but the PO took pity and hosed it
Arrest-Me Red.  The remnants of this episode of child abuse are still
visible under the hood, sad to say....
                        A. B. Bonds