Re: Q/Clutch/Midget

To: David Councill <dcouncil@cu.comp-unltd.com>
Subject: Re: Q/Clutch/Midget
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 06:52:51 -0600 (CST)
On Mon, 4 Mar 1996, David Councill wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Mar 1996 ALAN_COSTICH@HP-USA-om11.om.hp.com wrote:
>
> > Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
> >           Who has some suggestions?
> >
> >       >
> >           Spongy pedal still! Can't get it in gear with out grinding.
> >
> >           What am I doing wrong? What Have I over looked?
> >
> >           Alan
>

> I still suspect air in the lines. The clutch lines are difficult to bleed

        Alan,

        I didn't catch the first post on this but did you rebuild your slave
        cylinder? If so, did you remount the slave with the bleed screw on
        the bottom? Again if so then you need to flip the slave around so the
        bleeder is at the top. This will help get all the air out of the
        line and cylinder (air tends to get trapped in the uppe half of
        the slave cylinder when the bleeder is on the bottom). I know, `cos
        I did that myself... Once.

        Greg Petrolati

gpetrola@prairienet.org                         1962 TR4
(CT4852L)