Re: testing my mettle, or: irksome rant

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: testing my mettle, or: irksome rant
From: Barry Berg <barry.berg@nwa.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 17:09:36 -0700
Note: My Mailer was having trouble sending this earlier...so I am
resending it....sorry for the time warp effect.
==b2

Marc Steinberg wrote in reply to Ray Gibbons:

> I agree.  There's just nothing like having a second car for your daily
> murderous commute -- preferably with A/C, a soundproofed interior, and
> all the other goodies.

... [clip] ....

>...why spoil
> my love for my MG by subjecting it to that every day?  Better to take it
> out on an unsuspecting Toyota...

Actually I use an American descendant of the LBC ... A Pontiac Fiero...
It took a long time to find a good 1988 Formula ... The V6 goes like
stink....and the suspension was designed by Lotus.  Plastic Body
doesn't rust.  Sun Roof to hold me till I get the LBC out at the
end of the day for that satisfying A&W Rootbeer Run (The A&W stand
is 1/2 hour away from the house down a twisty back road.)  The point
is there are reasonable alternatives to driving the LBC to work.
(However, I must admit it is in the parking lot today)

Normally, I try to save the B for runs down the Wisconson side
of the St. Croix & Mississippi Rivers the best touring roads in the US
(also the best rally roads in the US).  Great vistas, beautiful scenery,
open sun along the road, and then into deep shade in the forrested
areas.  How much better can love be?

TTFN,
==barry
--
When your car is in the air, the accelerator doesn't work!
The brakes don't work!  The steering doesn't work!...Nothing works!!!