Re: testing my mettle, or: irksome rant

To: Cindy_Jizmagian@bcsmac.org
Subject: Re: testing my mettle, or: irksome rant
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 08:35:58 -0400
>This is a fun activity for people who enjoy conversing with
>strangers on the street or for the truly narcissistic.  Have fun!
>
>Cindy (who likes conversing with strangers)

Cindy et al.:  I enjoyed a variation on your suggesteion last night.
Unfortunately, it wasn't while I was sipping a cool iced coffee at a
sidewalk cafe.  I was stuck in traffic (again).  I had the top down and it
was a beautiful afternoon and the exhaust note was music to my ears (who
needs a radio?), so I was in a reletive heaven.  Anyway, a guy in a big van
in the next lane shouted over to me and we talked about the car for 5 mins.
or so (neither of us was going anywhere fast).  He admired the car and
complimented me on it.  Everyone seems impressed that its almost 34 years
old, even if they're not into MGs.  I am enough of a narcissist to admit
that I enjoy that sort of attention that the car brings.

If it wasn't for the fact that someone almost rear-ended me again this
morning (this time I was in the M***a), I'd start to feel better about my
drive in to work.  I think I've just got to realize that the commute isn't
*real* driving; its just commuting.  Real driving occurs at different times
and places.

There is a nice cafe just a few blocks from my house.  Perhaps tonight me
ane me beloved will motor on over...

Have a good weekend,
Will