Re: Fenders and Dash, 73 B

To: All <MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET>
Subject: Re: Fenders and Dash, 73 B
From: Larry Hoy <73253.1136@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 29 Aug 96 23:51:25 EDT
>> How do you get the dash off, anyway?<<

John,

On my 1969 there are two bolts (nuts?) on each end of the dash that need to be
removed.  Maybe about 2 to 4 across the bottom.  And of course 6 nuts across the
top where it is harder to get to.  For the top ones I used a 1/4 inch square
drive socket wrench with a 8" extension, a universal joint, and the appropriate
size deep socket (can't remember what size).  After everything is loose you pull
the dash up and back  at the same time.  The studs are on the dash and are
mounted at a 45 degree angle.  They fit through the appropriate holes in the
dash.

At this point you can decide what you want/need to disconnect, if anything at
all.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention you have to do all this while standing on your head
under the dash.  :-)

Larry