MIDGETS

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MIDGETS
From: roethler@cadetmail.uscga.edu (Brust)
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 19:47:15 -0400
Sorry for plugging up the list tonight, but now it seems people are
starting to finally talk about something (MIDGETS) that I can actually talk
about.  I was about to agree with Phillipe about the square bodies not
being the first midgets until I read that your car was an MGA.  MGA's are
NOT midgets.  The J-2, TC, TD and a few others were midgets, but not the
A's.  Why would they concurrently produce two midget models  (1961-62)?  If
we really want to get particular we could set the way back machine even
further back and talk about the beautiful J-2 in the thirties.  I think the
Midget designation has typified the smallest, most basic spartan sportscar
in the MG lineup.  That's what makes them great though.  I would not say
they are little MGs or MGB wanna bes (you think someone is trying to
provoke me?).  They are the MGs that will never grow up and I think there
drivers are too.
Just my opinion though.....

Brust Roethler
64 Midget
69 Midget

"He who sheds his blood with me today, shall be my brother."
Wm. Shakespeare
CGA RUGBY