Re: MIDGETS

To: <mgs%autox.team.net@MV.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: MIDGETS
From: TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.MV.UNISYS.COM
Date: 10 OCT 96 13:01
>being the first midgets until I read that your car was an MGA.  MGA's are
 NOT midgets.  The J-2, TC, TD and a few others were midgets, but not the
< A's.  Why would they concurrently produce two midget models  (1961-62)?  If

 Since no one else has mentioned A's in the list of Midgets, I'm inclined
to believe, PERSONAL EXPERIENCE notwithstanding.  But MILOU was born in
1957, long before the Midget model was built, so there was no concurrency
in the names.  It is possible that the A was designated a Midget up to
the point that the new Midget was launched, at which point it was
dropped from the A.  But then, of course, MG was NEVER inconsistent...

I'll have to look some more at my documentation...

As to the Kim Chee theory of the origin of SU's: that would explain the
complete disappearance of the factory at Abingdon.  As the Kim Chee finally
backed up and the fumes accumulated, all it took was the accountant from
British F^#%$&#ing Leyland to come in and turn on the lights.  *BOOM*
Those of you who own a brick from the original building may wish to
smell it: you will detect a slight odor of fermenting cabbage and
hypoid gear oil. (The preferred way of serving Kim Chee: it leaves
the digestive system faster that way...)

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*