RE: MIDGETS

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MIDGETS
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 18:36:38 -0700
At , you wrote:
> While we're on the subject of 'Midgets,' don't be too quick to declare
>the age of the oldest 'Midget.'  I have seen references to MG-TCs as 'Midgets.'
>Also, when I acquired MILOU, she had an oil-paper envelope that held the
owner's
>manual and other documents.  The title on the envelope was ' MG Midget.'
>So although there is a definite 'Midget' model, the one we associate with
>the 'I wanna be an MGB when I grow up' car ;-)  there also appears to be
>an entire line of models that MG considered to be 'Midgets.' So 'Midget' is
>a genre, as well as a model.
>  Any additional wisdom on this?

You are correct.  The M type, first introduced in 1928 was a "Midget" so
were the C type, the D type, the J1, the J2, the PA, PB, TA, TB, TC, TD and
TF.  So, in fact, Midgets ARE arguably the 'best' MG's though if I had my
druthers I think I'd choose a 1934 J2 over a `75 most days.

Cheers,
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT