Re: MG life in Alaska

To: merryweather@venus.connectware.com
Subject: Re: MG life in Alaska
From: BarneyMG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 00:55:58 -0500
In a message dated 96-11-14 16:53:20 EST, merryweather@venus.connectware.com
(George Merryweather) writes:

<< I bet you could get a contingent from the Lone Star State!  Put me on the
list!  >>

Three up and counting.  Any more?

Being real preliminary here, but maybe leave home around June 10, meet around
Seattle about June 14?  Or maybe the weather would be a bit better a few
weeks later.  Any opinions here?

My map shows lines that look suspiciously like roads.  I generally take that
as a challenge.  Looks like a dandy road going from Fairbanks to Prudhoe Bay,
for the brave souls who might want to get their MG well into the artic
circle, looks like maybe another 450 miles tacked onto the end of the road,
900 miles added to the round trip to Fairbanks.  Some may opt to spend a few
days in Fairbanks while others go on to Prudho Bay.

Say ArticMG, what's the weather like in Prudho Bay in the summer?  Anything
like a Chicago winter?

Barney Gaylord -- 1958 MGA