Re: MG life in Alaska

To: DamitDick@gnn.com
Subject: Re: MG life in Alaska
From: BarneyMG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 22:24:50 -0500
In a message dated 96-11-15 12:27:01 EST, DamitDick@gnn.com (DAmit Dick)
writes:

<< Carol seemed pretty addament that we be there June 20-21. And you
indicated a willingness to depart Seattle on June 14th. Will that give us
enough time to reach Alaska by the 19/20th? >>

I'm flexible, I could make it a few days earlier, just thinking about when
school's out.  Nice to be there by the 21st, just to watch the sun doing big
loops, but a couple of days one way or the other shouldn't make much
difference, unless you're superstitious or such.

<< George asked a good question. How many miles a day is the group
comfortable with? >>

If I was to run it on my own, 600-700 miles a day would be reasonable.  With
a convoy, 500 miles a day should be comfortable for all.  Keep in mind that
if you add 100 miles more each day you take about one day off the trip each
way.  I personally would like to cruise a little more each day and have a
little more time ro spend once we get there.

<< ..... Is this a camping trip or do we need to plan ahead enough to make
motel reservations? >>

I like camping, but I suppose a lot of people don't, and I'm still open to
suggestions.

<< .....  So folks where do we go from here? >>

Well, we've come quite a ways in just two days.  No big rush just yet.  Let's
keep the chat going a little longer and see what transpires, explore all the
possibilities first.  Does anyone know anyone personally who has done this
trip?  Good thing if we don't have to reinvent the wheel when it comes to
accomodations.

Barney Gaylord -- 1958 MGA