Re: MGB brakes

To: Robert Zirpolo <airhedrz@mailhost.iconn.net>
Subject: Re: MGB brakes
From: George G Curl <gcurl@tenet.edu>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 18:00:23 -0600 (CST)
The firmness you feel is because the braided lines don't expand at all
when pressure is aplied.  You should get used to them within a very few
minutes of driving.  Check them regularly for leaks at he fittings.  If
one finally fails under harsh braking, that is where it will come loose.
Don't let parinoia strike deep, under normal driving those lines will
last and last.  Do make sure you flush your lines annually. Water doesn't
wok well as brake fluid and plays heck with the wheel and clutch slave
cylinders.
George Curl
64 MGB 56 190SL