Re: MGB brakes -Reply

To: gmccann@pcug.org.au
Subject: Re: MGB brakes -Reply
From: Richard Lancaster <RLANCASTER@ntia.doc.gov>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 10:02:07 -0500

At 04:50 pm 22/11/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Status report:  I installed those new
>braided flexible brake lines and have been
>driving a lot here in Maryland (no road
salt
>yet.)  The brakes feel noticeably firmer,
>which tells me that the old hoses were
>indeed swelling.  Glad to have them off
>before they deposited bits of rubber thru
>out the system...

Braided brake hoses are illegal in this
country following tests which proved
that the constant flexing caused the
braiding to break away at the swages
and become a very effective knife to cut the
hoses.

Have fun, I will look for your obituary!!

regards,

Graham>
Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
gmccann@pcug.org.au
06 2889055
__________________

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Good God, Graham...what a nice, scary way
with words!  I posted this cause you and the
Priestess both expressed those concerns, I
will remember to check them frequently, but
others have said they used them for years
with no rubbing or fraying.  Do you do a lot
of racing or cross country driving that may
punish them severely?  Or better yet, can
you get copies of those tests or give a lead
for an internet connection or a snail mail
address where we can get them?  That would
be a big help, and I would try to get them
and summarize them here.  Thanks...