RE: door locks

To: "'REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER'" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Subject: RE: door locks
From: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 17:27:50 -0500
        There's always the option of using no door locks, along with a good =
quality perimeter/vibration sensitive alarm.  That way, if some schmuck =
so much as looks at your car funny, he'll make some folks really =
annoyed, if nothing else. =20
        Along the line, a friend and I were talking about car alarms, how many =
there are now, how often they set off false alarms, and whether or not =
they make any difference any more.  Eventually, we concluded that, if I =
were a thief, and my prospective victim was sounding off at 130 =
decibels, I'd find another victim.  Point is, I know if I hear an alarm =
go off, I always look to see at least where it's coming from.  The =
amateur thief would probably not want to attract any sort of attention.
        Something else to consider:  Try to park in a well lit / populated =
area.  Common sense things like this can save you from the average =
idiot.

Regards,