RE: door locks

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: door locks
From: Jeremy Baxter <jeremy.baxter@parallax.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 12:58:38 +0000
I have to admit, the main reason I'm making my midget lockable is so that if
anything does happen to it, and the insurance get the car back trashed, and
want the keys, I don't have to say that I never actually leave the car
locked and don't have any keys for it!

I'm not too sure about how they'd look on this!!

At 17:27 26/11/96 -0500, you wrote:
>       There's always the option of using no door locks, along with a good
quality perimeter/vibration sensitive alarm.  That way, if some schmuck so
much as looks at your car funny, he'll make some folks really annoyed, if
nothing else.
>       Along the line, a friend and I were talking about car alarms, how many
there are now, how often they set off false alarms, and whether or not they
make any difference any more.  Eventually, we concluded that, if I were a
thief, and my prospective victim was sounding off at 130 decibels, I'd find
another victim.  Point is, I know if I hear an alarm go off, I always look
to see at least where it's coming from.  The amateur thief would probably
not want to attract any sort of attention.
>       Something else to consider:  Try to park in a well lit / populated area.
Common sense things like this can save you from the average idiot.