Re: door locks

To: jeremy.baxter@parallax.co.uk, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: door locks
From: Larryhoy@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 21:50:01 -0500
Here's how you remove the door locks on a 1969 MGB.  On the inside of the
door, wrapped around the lock is a spring steel "band".  It has two arms that
spread out after the lock is inserted through the door.  In order to remove
the lock you have to squeeze the spring steel arms together and push, or pull
the lock out toward the outside of the car.  (To replace the cylinder you
have to drive a small pin out of the barrel.)  After you have installed the
new cylinder you can just push the lock back through the door.

Some of the things you might want to check are: 1) the lock has a rubber seal
between the outside of the door and the shoulder of the barrel and 2) the set
of the spring steel arms can make this job easy or hard.  You'll see what I
mean if yours is difficult.  You can do a little bending here and there to
facilitate installation.

Good luckl

Larry
1969 MGB