Re: Condensate all over the LBC!!

To: George Procyshyn <geopro@cyberdrive.net>
Subject: Re: Condensate all over the LBC!!
From: Ross Overcash <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 1997 07:53:46 -0500 (EST)
At 02:36 AM 1/5/97 GMT, you wrote:
>Happy New Year to all! Best wishes for happy times and LBC miles!
>I'm here in Cleveland Ohio and we're having an indian summer. Yesterday,
>Jan. 3. it was 56 degrees out, and today Jan. 4. it was 64. This you might
>think is ..... GOOD but this has caused a BIG problem in my garage.
>
>My garage is un insulated, unheated, constructed of brick, poured cement
>floor and a frame roof. It has a SMALL  bit of ventilation and everything in
>it including the walls  have been soaking wet for the last two days. Imagine
>going into your garage with a spray bottle, opening every drawer in your
>tool box and spritzing everything inside! Then go to your favorite LBC and
>do the same to the engine, body, interior, everywhere. I can write my name
>in the condensate, and I KNOW my LBC's don't like living underwater. I had
>to hang up the nylon car covers to dry out.  This is amazing!
>
>I know I have to spend some money to fix this, but (this is where I need the
>help) what should I spend it on? Insulation? what kind and how to attach it
>to a brick wall? What about the roof?  Vapor barrier? Again where & how.
>Ventilation, how much?  Heat? I can do that by putting a gas line out to the
>garage, (fairly easy) and hang a natural gas heater/blower from a ceiling
>joist. Is this the right approach?  What about the concrete floor? Is anyone
>else having this problem? This is the first winter for these LBC's in this
>garage.
>Any suggestions greatly appreciated. . .What to do, what to do, what to do???

With weather like that put the top down and cruise.  Seriously it sounds
like a ventilation problem.  If this is not a regularly occuring phenominone
I suggest a ventilation fan.  Don't know what tyype of roof you have (gable,
flat, ) but I would think a similare set up as you would have in your home
attick would work.  There are many options.  Your local Home Depot (or
similar store) might be able to provide good advice.  I know you can pick up
a gable exhaust fan for around 40$ that has a thermostatically controlled on
off switch, you can even purchase them with switches that are controlled by
the humidity levels.  Good luck

Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer, MA.