MGA Chassis Number

To: Chris Leah <crl@iafrica.com>
Subject: MGA Chassis Number
From: "Peter G. Gilvarry" <petergg@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 1997 16:39:30 -0800
Chris,

It appears as though the number is a body number, if it is located on the
right hand side of the firewall adjacent to the hinge.

>From the Moss catalog:

MGA 1600 produced from May 59 to April 61. The cahssis number should be
on a plate affixed to left hand side of firewall shelf, but as that
appears to be missing you could be in a pickle.

The first 1600 would have been GHN68851, last GHN100351.

The engine is definitely 1600 as 16 means 1600, G means MG, A means 1600
series, U is center change gearbox, H means High-Compression.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I will try to scan the page and attach
to an Email as a file.

I am looking for a MGA but the guy I am negotiating with has now said his
wife wants to raise the price. It is a 166 MKII with wire wheels, but
today I found a MGTD, for a similar price, so maybe that is the way to
go.

Regards ...... Peter Gilvarry
petergg@ibm.net