Re: Brake bias/proportion?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Brake bias/proportion?
From: wise@db.erau.edu (John A. Wise)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 16:14:57 -0800
-------- Paul Hunt wrote ----------------

        >> After driving for about 10 mins, both calipers begin to drag, the
        >> ressure differential warning light turns on (and remains on) and
        >> eventually the front brakes grab- you can smell the pads heating up.

----------- end snip -----------------

You might want to check the hoses.  I was rebuilding my daughter's rear
brakes on a 77 B after she complained about them.

As it turned out the rear hose was so badly swollen that I could not get
the brake peadal to go down with both rear clyanders completely removed.
The local guy I by some MG parts from said he has seen the opposit happen
as well - put on the brakes & the sollen hose will not let the pressure
discipate.

So if you have not changed your hoses you might want to consider that....

john

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CHFP                       Tel: (+1) (904) 226-6384
Department of Human Factors & Systems           Fax: (+1) (904) 226-7050
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University            E-mail: wise@db.erau.edu
600 South Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900      USA