Re: Brake bias/proportion?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Brake bias/proportion?
From: Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@West.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 11:13:36 -0800
Paul:
       I have run into a similar problem after converting to silicone
brake fluid.  Any foreign matter that was in suspension in the original
fluid can come back to haunt you.  The contaminated fluid can hide in
the lines if they are not cleaned thoroughly.  These contaminants will
rise to the highest point which is the brake master.  In the cases I
have seen, the accumulation of water and goo plugs the return port
inside the cylinder.  I have seen a new master cylinder corroded beyond
repair in 2 weeks.  The symptoms were exactly you are stating.  Check
the fluid reservoir and look for signs of contaminated fluid.

Kelvin.