Brake bias/proportion?

To: RJohn50603@aol.com
Subject: Brake bias/proportion?
From: "Thomas Wannenburg" <twannen@bgsm.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 16:47:37 -0500 (EST)
Scott,
    I am assuming that your dual master cylinder and brake hydraulics are
similar to my 74 Midget.

If both your front calipers are binding equally, then I would think that the
problem is not likely to be due to a hose - only the rear brakes have a single
hose to both cylinders.  Both front hoses would need to be blocking off equally.
Also you have replaced them - and that should be that.

I would suspect the MC rebuild.  My MC has a very fragile link pin between the
primary and secondary piston.  If this was broken, or not sliding freely into
the front piston, Or if it were too long, I could imagine a problem such as
this.  Statistically also, I think that of all the things you have done, a MC
rebuild is the one I think most likely to fail.

This is only my opinion (I am no expert) and take correction reasonably well.

When you identify the problem please fill us in.

Regards
Tom Wannenburg
74 Midget.