Re: WHY BRITISH???

To: RFeibusch@aol.com
Subject: Re: WHY BRITISH???
From: Eddie Sheffield <sheffield@telos.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 15:05:03 -0500
Rick,

I really can't say. Frankly, I've never even driven one! I remember in
the early '70s my grandfather (who lived next door at the time) came
home in one. He's a lawyer and sometimes took stuff in trade for
services, and I _think_ that's how he got it. Anyway, he drove up in
this thing - a 1967 Midget. BRG, black top. First convertible anyone in
my family had. And being only around 6 or 7 years old, it was more "my
size" than other cars. It was different. All the other cars my family
had were just plain old autos.

He later moved and took the car with him. Soon after the clutch gave out
and it sat. Later he moved again. He still owned the old house, though
and left the car and a lot of other stuff there. Then in 1993 I got
married and my new wife and I moved into and later bought his old house.
Technically, the car is still his, but I've sort of laid claim to it! I
pulled the engine & tranny and started working on it. Unfortunately I
took a new job and had to move 350 miles away, but we still have the
house, the car is still there, and I plan on finishing it some day since
we plan on moving back in another 4 years or so. I try to fiddle with it
a little when we "go home" on occasion.

Eddie