Re: WHY BRITISH???

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: WHY BRITISH???
From: pbailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 21:20:16 -0800
I was born in England and came over to the US when I was 6 months old My
mom was a war bride So I guess it was lurking in my blood all along but
I really didn't pay much attention to LBCs until I was 13 or 14 and
built the Austin 3000 kit by revell which they have just brought back
out BTW I have a nice BRG one on my mantle I just made,building that kit
opened up a whole new world to me I had been building 40 fords and hot
rod kits but the little healey kit just hit some inner thing.fast foward
8 years and I went to a MG dealer and looked and sat in a new 68 GT but
the cost was $4000 which might as well been $1000,000 at the time but I
did get a 65 fairlady the next year but it wasn't british and it was a
poor replica IMHO...then marraige,job,kids etc and finally realizing if
I don't buy one soon I probably never sooo 2 1/2 years ago I bought my B
and have loved it ever since!! My wife and I just got back from a nice
drive down to Valencia WITH the top off thru the canyon roads it was 95
in LA today!! Now she wants something "sporty" but it needs to have a
back seat so no LBC for her oh well I guess we won't have a stable of
them but I can keep hoping!    Pat