Re: sundry queries for a saturday

To: RJohn50603@aol.com
Subject: Re: sundry queries for a saturday
From: Sally Schlining <schlining.m.w@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 09:31:23 -0500
RJohn50603@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 97-03-22 15:55:18 EST, miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
> writes:
>
> << A friend of mine used scotch tape to apply a temporary
>  plate to the inside of his brand-new convertible rear window. As you can
>  or creasing the plastic. Presonally i think windex will do it but does
>  anyone know of anything guaranteed not to harm it? >>
>
> Mike,
>
> He's probably going to need some mineral spirits, kerosene or lighter fluid
> on a soft cloth. It will only take a few seconds. Then, immediately wash off
> the residue with warm, soapy water and a another soft cloth.
>
> DO NOT use "hotter" solvents like enamel reducer or lacquer thinner.
>
> R. Johnson - Dallas

Mike,

NEVER, NEVER use windex on your plastic window.  This and UV are the 2
main reasons for fogging.  I don't know about the solution R. Johnson
called out but I might try that myself for some adhesive that has gotten
on B's window.  There is a really good product that both Eastwood and
Moss carry called NOVUS.  There are 3 levels of cleaners, 1 is a polish
and finish for a window with no damage. 2 is for minor scratches and
some hazing and 3 is for heavy scratches.  Use as directed and they are
great.

Even a plastic window that came with B's old top was almost like glass
when I finished using 1 and 2.

Sally Schlining

57 MGA Coupe
65 Corvair Corsa