Re: The Shell Game

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: The Shell Game
From: hstaton@ilnk.com (Sam Staton)
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 21:45:25 -0500
At 07:10 PM 3/27/97 +0000, you wrote:
>It cannot be original, but a reshell.  The new shells are made using
>almost all the original jigs, which is good, but they are made to cover
>a number of production years and so come with more holes that the
>original, some of which will have to be plugged.  You may also find
>yourself having to drill some extra holes.
>
>PaulH.

This is a battle that will probably be fought from now until the cows come
home. It goes back to the old saying - "I've had this hammer 14 years -
replaced the handle four times, and the head three." Unless you are some
kind of 'originality' fanatic (on the order of Corvette Restorer's Society,
et al), what difference does it make? It is still an MG. IMHO, YMMV

Sam Staton
'73 Rdstr