Re: Paint scheme advice?

To: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Paint scheme advice?
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@borris.khoros.unm.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 08:24:25 -0600 (MDT)
On Fri, 9 May 1997, EMILY COWEN wrote:

> Hi Scott Gardner!!

HI EMILY COWEN!!  (I've been wanting to say that, Kirk! :)

> On Fri, 9 May 1997, Scott Gardner wrote:
>
> > probably ruffle a few purist feathers.  I'd like to have flames
> > painted on the bonnet and fenders, going back about 3/4 of the
>
> (Violent retching noises)

Ah, go for it, Scott.  It may be disgusting, but it may be cool.  It's
your car, do what you want.  (This from the guy who goes on "bastard"
rants around people who have not completely stock MGAs, all in fun :)
And if you ever sell it (to a purist who will pay you a lot for the
priviledge of "saving" a bastardized car :), it's not irreversible.

> > start coming out of the grille and headlight rings, and be chrome
>
> The blue lights behind the grill will clash with these colours...

Heh heh.  I like it.

> Because I don't want to offend, I think I'd better stop my response
> right here.  I'm not one you could call a purist, but this is not for me
> To me, it would be like "slamming" your "B".

Big Healeys came from the factory "slammed".  There are a lot of the
"new" look lowriders here.  A "B" with hydraulics on 12x10 inch wheels*
and all the trim gold plated might go over well.  The paint job would be
perfect.  Hey, Scott, if you're still here, I'm not making fun of you, do
whatever you think you'll like.  And enjoy it!

Kevin Sullivan -- 1960 MGA, way stock     kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.                      http://www.khoral.com
Albuquerque NM USA

(* I bet those guys eat wheel bearings for lunch.)