Re: Paint scheme advice?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Paint scheme advice?
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 12:16:57 -0700
At 12:39 AM 5/9/97 +0000, you wrote:

>     Has anyone seen any similar paint schemes on small cars before?
>How did it look?  I saw a very nice graphics job on a Miata back in
>Texas last year.  It was a light pearl blue, and the front end had
>water splashing up over it like the car had just crashed through a
>wave.  Very nice effect, but I know I could never describe it well
>enough for a painter to duplicate it.

Scott,

15 - 20 years ago there was a very special `40-something Anglia running
around the Vancouver area.  It had a blower sticking out of the bonnet, a
chromed straight axle with what looked like bicycle wheels on the front and
great whoppin' huge slicks on the back, anti-tramp bars, wheelie wheels and
(I saw this first hand) the power to put them to vigorous use!  It had the
most beautiful midnight blue-black paint job I've ever seen on the road.
Very very subtley some true auto artist had faded in progressively lighter
blue flames trailing back from the front wheel wells.  The flames suited it
and belonged on a street road like this monstrous, though impressive,
hermaphrodite.  On a B....... I don't know........
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT