Re: More Really, REALLY bad service from M & G

To: "David Deutsch" <drded@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: More Really, REALLY bad service from M & G
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 18:50:27 -0400
> I'm trying to figure out, what you were thinking by going to him in the
> first place. There are only a couple of places I refuse to deal with,
> this guy is one, the other Morrisville, PA clown is another.

Hey David, just because I am an employee of British Miles doesn't mean you
can't say the name.  Yes British Miles is in Morrisville, PA; This is a
long story about an MGA, and I won't get into it.  David and a few others
HAVE had bad experiences with BritMiles, but I still use them and recommend
them for CERTAIN things.  If anyone wants to know about the MGA story
please email me.

During my summers at BMiles, I never got a complaint about service.
Although I did recieve complaints about why we didn't carry Japanese parts,
this happen twice in one day (2 different people).  And I had a call for a
2.5 gigabyte Harddrive.  Ok, I did recieve ONE real complaint; but it
wasn't my fault, we had shipped a NOS part, and the Part # didnt' revert
back to a Lucas part and therefore we shipped an improper part.

I have had bad dealings with The Roadster Factory lately, but it wasn't
that major.  Moss sent me a wrong part ONCE, but it wasn't major either.

> Do
> yourself a favor and ask the collective opinion of the list before you
> try someplace new. The 3 suggested complaint venting places are all
> good ideas although I don't feel BBB will do much of anything. You see
> bad service is not a crime or even an offense especially when there is
> no money lost. My highest recommendations go to George Merryweather at
> george@classicr.com or 1-800-412-2277 for orders. George is not at all
> like alot of the other list subscribing vendors. He does not use this
> as a free advertising tool like many. He also does work on British cars
> out of his Lucas, Texas shop so he knows his stuff. Safety Fast, David
> Deutsch

I don't know if I would buy MG parts from a guy in LUCAS Texas? :-)

Regards,

Kai M. Radicke -- mowogmg@pil.net
1966 MGB

Dialogue Internet (dialog@pil.net)