Re: Pondering resurrection of MGB

To: rubicon8@concentric.net
Subject: Re: Pondering resurrection of MGB
From: bugide@juno.com (Larry Dickstein)
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 17:47:44 EDT
Well, Martin, you sound like you have more sense than that but apparently
you do not!!  OK, here you go"
        a.  Replace or rebuild every single hydraulic thing in the car.
Older is not better where brakes are concerned.  Same thing for the
clutch.
        b.  Yes, drain the gas tank, without fail. Take it to a reliable
radiator shop for cleaning and an opinion. If it is a rusty mess, start
over w/ a new tank.
        c.  The 12 volt battery is the way to go.  Your only problem
will be the physical size of the battery.  Someone will jump up and tell
you the right size.
        d  Change all the belts and hoses, including the little one that
you will be tempted not to change.
        e.  Tires are a must, as well.  They may look OK but like Bob
Allen, years of inactivity have taken their toll.

        That ought to get you through the weekend.  Get back w/ us next
week and we'll give you instructions for next weekend.

Larry Dickstein
bugide@juno.com