Re: Pondering resurrection of MGB

To: paul.hunt1@virgin.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Pondering resurrection of MGB
From: MLishego@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 19:19:52 -0400 (EDT)
Disregarding the faux-pas, I do have a little advice stemming from my first
car-work day this season.
1.  Get a haynes manual and use your head.
I was removing the gas tank on my B today, and the last step according to the
manual is to unbolt the tank from underneath.  I realized that by following
their directions, I would be clobbered by a falling gas tank, so I did that
step first, and removed the bolts from inside the trunk first, allowing the
tank to fall on my toes.
I removed the rear axle, and DIDN'T listen to the Haynes manual, and started
unbolting things.  As I unbolted the four U-bolts on the axle, the car crahed
down on top of me.  Fortuneately, there was no engine, gas tank, or rubber
"safety" bumpers. I was able to pick the car up off myself and crawl out.  If
I had followed directions, I might not have had the experiance, and next time
I might not be so lucky.  Back to the rubber MG buggy bumpers.  How safe are
they if they can crush you?  Did BL put warning labels on them for your
safety when removing?
2. Buy or borrow a big floor jack.
3.  Buy as much Go-Jo as you can afford...