Re: Mods to exist Intake/Exhaust=Need Advise

To: jpquinn@cyberramp.net
Subject: Re: Mods to exist Intake/Exhaust=Need Advise
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 23:21:14 EDT
On Mon, 02 Jun 1997 19:03:29 -0500 Jay Quinn <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
writes:
>I was wondering if anyone has plans that a machine shop could follow
>in the
>project of modifying the intake and exhaust manifolds on my 1275 MGM
>engine?
>
>I'd like to keep the existing stuff but make it make more horsepower.
>
>Thanks,

>--
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Jay Quinn      Systems Engineer
>jpquinn@cyberramp.net  Pager: 972.319.7611
>http://www.cyberramp.net/~jpquinn/index.htm
>1962 Austin-Healey MKII Sprite HAN6L2874

Jay,
  Get your hands on a copy of Vizards's "Tuning the BL 'A' Series
engine".
 The book will tell you exactly what is needed to get a bit more Omph out
of the venerible 1275.
 AND!  if you have average mechanical ability, you won't need a
machinist. It can be done with a Dremel tool, a 1/4" drill motor and a
good set of grinding wheels/bits.
(Course if you have a air powered die grinder it's a lot faster)
Although out of print, it can be ordered from many suppliers.Primarily
APT, which is Vizard's company. I have lost my last flyer from them, so I
can't find the number or address, but I'm sure someone on the list has
it.

Good Luck
Rick Morrison