Re: Mods to exist Intake/Exhaust=Need Advise

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net (mgs)
Subject: Re: Mods to exist Intake/Exhaust=Need Advise
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 11:10:54 -0500 (CDT)
Ken Roach writes:

>       Peter Burgess has a book out called "How To Power Tune MGB
> 4-Cylinder Engines" that covers  head modifications in depth.   It has
> good diagrams and photos of where to grind the chambers as well as the
> ports.  Mr. Burgess also strongly advises that the 'A and 'B heads are
> very dissimilar and it shouldn't be assumed that what works on one
> will work well on the other.

Interesting discussion; I'm hoping to learn something new, BUT - let's
not confuse the MGA engine with the BMC A Series engine.  The MGA and
MGB both use the B Series engine; the Spridget, Mini, and others use the
A Series engine.

Incidentally, it's my understanding that the Mini, still produced in the
UK, is STILL using that "ancient" A Series engine.  I've also seen
articles about an aftermarket 16 valve head for the A Series ("Jack
Knight", perhaps?).  How many years of service has the A Series given?

--

Todd "Almost like the Ford 289 V8" Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer awaiting a full engine rebuild

That's me at the corner.
That's me at the stoplight,
Losing my transmission...