Re: Mods to exist Intake/Exhaust=Need Advise

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Mods to exist Intake/Exhaust=Need Advise
From: ken.roach@sk.sympatico.ca (Ken Roach)
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 1997 17:46:53 GMT
On Thu, 5 Jun 1997 18:00:45 -0800, you wrote:

>At 01:14 PM 6/5/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>Hi Jay!!
>>
>>On Tue, 3 Jun 1997, Michael Hartwig wrote:
>>
>>> How about a book for the B engine or are they one in the same?  Sorry=
 for
>>> the ineptness for A engines. =20
>>

>  What about chamber shaping?  I didn't see anything in his head =
modification=20
>book on combustion chamber reshaping for the B while he has lots of =
diagrams
>for mini's, fords and triumph engines. =20

        Peter Burgess has a book out called "How To Power Tune MGB
4-Cylinder Engines" that covers  head modifications in depth.   It has
good diagrams and photos of where to grind the chambers as well as the
ports.  Mr. Burgess also strongly advises that the 'A and 'B heads are
very dissimilar and it shouldn't be assumed that what works on one
will work well on the other.
        Available form Classic Motor books for $19.95.

=09
Ken Roach
'74 B