Re: What about a Bugeye??

To: Wizzrd1001@aol.com, "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: What about a Bugeye??
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 23:14:23 -0400
Wizzrd1001@aol.com wrote:
> Don't mean to bomb the list or anything, but, my father and I are looking
> into starting a father/son restoration car, and, we were hoping to find a
> nice Mini to restore, but, that looks like it might cost a pretty penny, even
> for a real bad beater.

   ????

  I find this really bizarre. Around here, Minis are everywhere and
affordable, Bugeyes are rare. Bugeyes aren't really EXPENSIVE, it's
just that it's hard to find a good one. You can buy a generic
auto trader and find mini's every week.

> Anyways, he has a Bugeye, with ALL the parts to it,
> primed, ready for painting, for $2800

  If that's $2800 US, that should buy you a mini in at least
as good of condition.

  I like them both actually. I just find it bizarre that you
would treat a bugeye as a bargain mini, when my pricing experience
would tend to say the opposite.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada