Reverse lamp switch

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Reverse lamp switch
From: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 12:35:44 -0500 (EST)
The last major obstacle in my 5 year project is reconnecting all the wiring.
The wiring harness, wiring diagram and components in the car seem to have
very little in common.
My immediate problem is the reverse switch  on the transmission.  One of the
terminals is missing.  Does this switch just screw out of the transmission?
I couldn't find much help in the Haynes manual and I don't want to take channel
locks to it for fear of having to pull the engine and tranny if I screw it up.

Also there are four wires in the harness going to the transmission and I have
only located 2 terminals.  Are there more on top of the transmission that I
can't see from below?
Thanks in advance.