Re: Reverse lamp switch

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Reverse lamp switch
From: Eddie Sheffield <sheffield@telos.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 10:10:28 -0400
Larry J. Dickstein wrote:

> Ray-
>         Yes, they simply unscrew.  If your car is equipped w/ OD then
> there will be another switch just like the reverse lamp switch.  It will
> be right across from the first.  That will account for the extra wires.
>         I still haven't had a chance to get the cards for you to forward.
>  I haven't forgotten.
>
> Larry Dickstein
> bugide@juno.com

This looks like a good place to ask a question I've had for a while.
I've got a 1967 1275 Midget. It has no backup lamps. I think they were
standard equipment in 1968. It's not original, but I would like to add
them. Looking in the catalogs it looks like the switch threads in a hole
that is currently occupied by a ball, a spring, and a plug holding it
all in place right behind the gearshift. Can I simply replace the
ball/spring/plug thing with the switch, or is there some other
significant difference between the transmissions?

Thanks,

Eddie