Where Are Those Guys?

To: Brit_Run@juno.com, car@texas.net, barneymg@juno.com
Subject: Where Are Those Guys?
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 09:19:08 -0500
The Summer Solstice is upon us. Them Alaska Trekker's should be way up
north doing some strange Native dance rituals and smoking from the
'peice' pipe and trying to get lucky.

They all promised to keep in touch with us poor people having to make a
living but, I'll tell you, I ain't heard a peep from them. If they're
just holding out waiting for us to worry, then they got another thing
coming.

Of course, now that we got a new woman on the list who says she's "fast
and cheap," Carol has slipped quite a few notches down on the "night
dream" top 40.

And, of course, with Barney gone, I think we've finally got all those
'A' people in line. Larry has been real quiet trying to figure out how
that rusty 'A' hulk goes back together. And that Eastmen fellow has
finally got his off the jackstands long enough to actually get it out in
the sun -- and the change has caused him to lapse into incoherent
ranting about antiquated fuel mixture theory.

Nope. It ain't that we're miss'em, or nothing, but you would think, as a
passing curiousity, that they might check in every once and awhile. I
realize I've been preoccupied with this paycheck foraging habit I can't
seem to break and I ain't been payin' as much attention as I should but,
jeez, what happended to those guys?
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"A man of genuis makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional