Leaf Springs

To: "mg BBs" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Leaf Springs
From: "David Stecher" <DavidAndMichelleS@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 97 20:41:41 UT
Hello,

About a month ago I asked for help and suggestions because I was going to
change the leaf springs on my ' 73 BGT.  Well I got allot of help and
suggestions and I'm sure that I'll use all of them.  Well I just got started
today on this project and I have problems!!  But only two of them pertain to
this project,  I hope someone can help.

1)  I have the right side leaf almost off.  The only thing holding it to the
body of the car is the front bolt.  I have the nut off, the bolt spins freely
but refuses to be backed, beaten, pulled, or pried out.  Any help?  Do I need
to cut this to get it out?  I have a new bolt if that helps.

2)  I tried to remove the shock link from the bottom shock bracket/plate (this
is on the left side) .  When I try to remove the nut the threaded part of the
link spins also.  I have tried to hold that part with Vise Grips but no help.
Does this mean I need a new shock link?  Will I have to cut this one also?

Any help would be appreciated.

David Stecher
Urbandale Iowa
73 BGT