Re: MG gas mileage

To: Ken Roach <ken.roach@sk.sympatico.ca>,
Subject: Re: MG gas mileage
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 01:43:59 -0400
Ken Roach wrote:
> The author claims easier starting and smoother running but
> not much more horsepower than the stock carb. Not worth it IMHO.

  Just a note that that particular design was a simple
design and used throttle body injection (ie: one injection
point right where the carb was).

  It's an interesting project, but throttle body systems are
sort of the poor cousin to direct port injection as far
as performance goes. It's really just an electronic
carb.

  I just bring this up because while I agree this particular
design is not worth it from a horsepower standpoint, his
goal was not horsepower and his methodology reflects it. If
your goal was pure horsepower from fuel injection, you
would not attempt it this way.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada