Re: Ray Gibbons

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ray Gibbons
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 17:47:20 -0500 (CDT)

J. Peloquin wrote:
>>Dear Netters,
>>
>>According to what I read on the net, Ray passed away last week in the
>>hospital.

I can not express my grief right now. Ray and I have been coresponding
for over a year now and I spoke with him monthly on one topic or
another. I meet Ray face to face for the first time about 6 (maybe 8)
weeks ago at Sports Car Services in Westminster Vermont. It was a
prearranged meeting for the the purpose of me selling him a couple of
ribcase transmissions. We spent a few hours together showing pictures
of projects and swapping auto war stories (most of them quite amusing).
The list and North American MGB Register members may remember Ray's
clever little piece called "Frequently Asked Questions" which appeared
in the Nov/Dec issue of "MGB Driver". He drove a wonderful little
Bugeye. I just can not believe he is no longer with us. This really
hurts. Safety Fast, David Deutsch