Re: Ray Gibbons

To: rfeibusch@loop.com (Rick Feibusch), british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ray Gibbons
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 15:02:31 -0400
At 08:15 AM 7/26/97 -0700, Rick Feibusch wrote:
>This is an aging hobby (Hell, little Ricky will be FIFTY next year) and
>death will be as big a part of our social scene as birth was in the early
>Seventies when people were selling their MGs and Triumphs to get cars that
>were family sized. There was an original Twilight Zone episode that comes
>to mind when someone goes on to the light. It was about a backwoods
>hillbilly who drowns while on a coon hunt with his dog and comes home to
>find that nobody can see him and watches his own funeral. Realizing that he
>has died he goes down the road looking for heaven.

Yes, it is an aging hobby, but I hope that the other youngsters out there
including myself help to keep MGs and old cars alive.  Forget the
throw-away generation.  I'm here to stay whether they like it or not.  I
just hope that someday I'll have the knowledge that only comes from
experience, so that I may share it with other listers.

Long live Lucas.  Err. Scratch that.  Long live the MG.

After all, if we keep the MGs alive we can remember our friends like Ray.

Jay